Organisational development and management also administration support system design and setup
Organisation business analysis for Information Technology system implementation planning and completion
Stakeholder management with in-house or cloud administration system
There are four parts of this explanation
- Information and training resources about running a successful club
- Professional credentials and authority to advise a committee
- Why use club management system software
- Recommendation for the software to use and information on how to use this software
Information and training about running a successful club
I signed up for Sports Community and their training last year https://sportscommunity.com.au/membership-info/. I include the email I received from the first online training; this email has links to resources, some of it you can access for free. I also have a lot of past information from DSR Clubs ( Department of Sport and Recreation) site and planning to share it with whoever interested to help club management.
Sports Community’s vision is to help build thriving local communities. To assist sports clubs by giving club volunteers extensive knowledge and training, they need to achieve surprising results both on and off the field.
Secrets to Successful Sports Clubs
We have grouped the characteristics of successful clubs under four major headings:
- Leadership and club culture
- Club governance infrastructure
- Knowledge and relationship management
- Pathways and development
Here at Sports Community, we want to help you display these characteristics, so we have developed our website with all the information your club needs to become successful. Check out the links below!
Leadership and Culture
- Defined and measurable goals (free)
- A delegation of objectives to specific roles (members only)
- Defined Strategies and implantation plans (free)
- A committee that leads rather than do! (free and member resources)
- A club structure which evolves (members only)
- Where members and the broader community actively assist in achieving the club goals (members only)
- Have a strong culture of volunteering (free and member resources)
Governance and Infrastructure
- Collect and hand over the clubs key information and knowledge (free)
- Defined position descriptions (free)
- Documented and visible policy and procedures
- Strong financial management and reporting (free and member resources)
Knowledge and Relationship Management
- Welcoming and inclusive culture (free)
- Strong relationships with stakeholders (free and member resources)
- Have an up to date website, email and newsletter and active social media presence (paid)
- Positive reputation with the community (free)
Pathways and Development
- ensure all needs of participants are meet (not just the elite) (members only)
- Create strong pathways between schools, junior, seniors and masters (members only)
There is also training on how to run a licenced club at https://www.clubswa.com.au/Join/benefits
Clubs WA Member Services
Comprehensive Advice and Consultations
Consultations on complicated issues, including mediation disputes, constitution changes, liquor licensing changes, and strategic advice. Depending on your type of Clubs WA membership and the nature of your query/issue, comprehensive consultations may attract a service fee.
- Club Audit checklist
• Duty Manager and Temporary Manager signage
• Assistance in redrafting your club constitution
• Assistance with applying for ETPs and Association’s Permits
• Assistance with varying or altering your club license
• Marketing policy examples
• Incident report documentation
• Training register examples
- Preparation documents including, House Management Policy, Code of Conduct, and Management Plan
Website Access (Valuable Tools & Templates)
- Duty manager and temporary manager signage
• Club audit checklist
• Club training register
• Alcohol & injury fact sheets
• Members’ code of conduct
• Club Constitution
• Club function hire terms & conditions
• Membership application form
• Stock count sheet
• Kitchen contract agreement
• Electricity safety checklist
• Disciplinary procedures against club members
• Duties & responsibilities of secretary managers
• Meeting procedures
• Pricing policy development
• Club business plan templates
• Associations Incorporation Act summary
• Upcoming event dates
• Industry news
• List of recommended suppliers
Professional credentials and authority to advise the committee
Please see the list of my professional credentials and past study areas to support my suitability and power to inform the committee;
Qualifications: Advanced Diploma IT Security, diploma of IT system administration, diploma of IT network administration; see my profile with work history at the following website https://www.linkedin.com/in/laszlojaksoitsystemsolutions.
My short and relevant work background:
Contract work on large-scale state and federal IT projects.
I have experience installing and setting up Information and Communication Technology hardware/infrastructure and software as well as supporting end users and understand their needs when interacting with organisations as employees or members using computers and internet.
I have been working as a committee member of clubs during the past 15 years. I understand the difficulties, not for profit organisations face trying to maintain volunteer contribution and member retention and many more.
That is why I have been following and researching the development of club management systems and software, also the most effective ways of membership communication through the internet, email and lately social media channels.
Being a member of professional associations like Australian Computer Society, Australian Information Security Association and Information System Audit and Control Association I actively support the values the members obliged to uphold in the code of conduct and ethics of these organisations.
See ACS code of professional conduct by visiting the following link https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/acs/acs-documents/ACS%20Code-of-Professional-Conduct_v2.1.pdf and google AISA also ISACA if interested.
Important personal attributes:
Communicate clearly without ambiguity and to the point, providing precise information and complete information sets that do not require the recipient to come back with question continuously.
Creating informative, intuitive and visually appealing websites.
Writing for the Web
Create content for social media channels and websites to satisfy the need of the audience. Write suitable material for the target audience level of understanding.
Studied native Australian and New Zealand culture and history at university course also attended local govt. Ethnic diversity training and volunteer management training.
Is about how to enable colleagues to work efficiently and inspire them to align themselves with the goals of the organisation and help achieve the best possible outcome.
Leadership study and training camps and symposiums with Australian Computer Society, and university online courses.
Why use club management system software
Club management system software
The following is a description of a club management system I found during my research and although it is a Health club business management system, in general, applicable to many sporting clubs.
Managing and growing a successful club requires committee members with leadership skills and the know how to meet the complex operational, legal and information technology requirements.
Each type of club has different needs and has different organisational units, but based on similar structure and constitution.
To able to help, the person/s setting up the Information Technology system (Club management system) need to do the operation and business analysis to establish how the organisation operates. Based on the tasks descriptions the committee performs, the club management system can be set up to enable club officers/ committee to carry out their work with ease, organise maximum efficiency and minimum frustration to themselves and the members.
The system must be capable of providing high level up to date information to members and the ability to members to communicate to the relevant club officials directly.
- What does club management software do?
- How does club management software work?
- What are the benefits of club management software?
- What are the advantages of club management software?
- What are the features of club management software?
- What is the cost of club management software?
- What are examples of club management software?
- Is club management software for you?
What does club management software do?
Club management software is also known as association management or membership software. As such, it is designed to handle membership records and details. Having such information facilitates the delivery of quality service to members such as reservations, appointments, and scheduling. It also enables club owners to offer discounts, promos and rewards to loyal, active and long-time members.
The client-centric or customer focus approach works for all businesses, more so for club management since it’s a service-oriented activity. Club owners must ensure that members are taken care of, and club management software takes care of that. It makes it easy for members to do self-service, booking or scheduling themselves through the platform. It also removes hassles in billing and payment since club management platforms can handle and process secure means of payment whether online via payment gateways or through credit/debit cards.
For the owner or business, aside from having prompt and safe payment, club management software enables automation of marketing campaigns, smooth scheduling, and efficient handling of customer/client data. It also allows for the creation of training lessons or workout plans to manage the health goals and chart the progress and improvement of clients.
All in all, club management software helps you the club owner to deliver the best customer service experience. That alone has many favourable results – it reinforces the loyalty of clients and retains them, and encourages word of mouth about your brand and establishment which can lead to additional new clients. That can positively impact your bottom line which is the goal of every business.
How does club management software work?
How does club management software work? Today’s club management software is mostly a cloud-hosted solution that leverages Internet technology and the convenience of connectivity. No complicated installation and no more location limitation as with on-premise deployment. Everything is done and managed online with your web portal. Whether you have a single establishment or a multi-location business, and regardless in you have a dozen clients, or hundreds of them, club management software has scalable features and capabilities to handle every kind of club management operations.
Club management software can manage:
point of sale,
marketing and promotion,
auto spot refilling,
centralized data/information storage and management,
software integration and mobile compatibility,
multi-language member emails,
check-in system, and a host of other operational or administrative tasks and processes.
What is club management software? As you can see, it’s your all-in-one, multi-tasking tool to manage your club operations from end-to-end.
What are the Benefits of Club Management Software?
There are several benefits that you can gain from implementing club management system. Here are the most important ones:
- Automates processes– Productivity tools like club management software tap the power of automation to streamline and speed up routine tasks such as data entry to save time and effort for your employees, and at the same time minimising errors.
- Enhanced data security– Club management software, especially online platforms, provide secure cloud storage for information, records and transactions such as personal and credit card details of members. Advanced security features are offered to ensure that only authorised persons get access to confidential information.
- Integration with other business systems– Today’s club management platforms have powerful integration capabilities that work with third-party business systems, services and apps you use such as CRM, payment gateways, social media, accounting, and chat and communications software, and many others.
- Improved customer experience– Club members can use portals and online forums created by the software to share their experiences with other users. Online communities provide a sense of camaraderie that improves member satisfaction, retention and loyalty.
- Drives revenues– Most club management software have marketing, promotional and branding features to help you reach out to potential members as well as to encourage existing members to use your facilities and services more extensively.
What are the Advantages of Club Management Software?
Why use club management software? Simply put, it makes things easier for you, the manager. The advantages of club management software can be grouped into three:
- Business Efficiency & Productivity. A more productive staff and more efficient operation are expected outcomes of streamlined and automated tasks and processes. No more mess in overlapping schedules and appointments. Everything fits right in your calendar with members adequately booked, scheduled, and their workout and other needs planning. Business performance is analysed, monitored and tracked. Finance and accounting are optimized through accurate statements and reports. Employee/staff activities, attendance and assignment, are managed and synchronised vis-à-vis with members and clients. You don’t need to worry about micro-managing every detail and chore of daily operations as club management software can take care of those for you.
- Customer Ease & Convenience. From joining your club to on-boarding, to checking-in to your establishment, to planning and scheduling a workout regimen with your club trainers, and to pay for your services, everything on the member or customer side is facilitated by customer management software. Also, the software can help you generate promos and rewards for active and loyal clients, and offer discounts to new members. The convenience that you extend to clients will redound to a positive impact on your customers that will go a long way.
- Safety & Security. Online club management software affords you some of the most stringent measures to safeguard vital customer and business data. You are provided security protocols, encryption and authentication measures to deter breaches and hacks and ensure the integrity of sensitive information relating to your customers and transactions.
What are the Features of Club Management Software?
The following are some key features of club management software:
- Membership management. With a centralised members’ database, you can edit and save member records; easily search for member’s information, and upgrade or downgrade memberships.
- Reservations management. You can quickly make member reservations or create a waiting list to deal with cancelled appointments.
- Scheduling. This enables you or your staff to book and reschedule sessions and appointments, inform clients of their interviews via email, or share their schedules privately on social media.
- Staff timekeeping. Manages and organises the timesheets, assignments, and work schedules of employees, support staff, trainers, and coaches.
- Payment processing. Some club management software has built-in payment processing features while others integrate with payment processors and gateways to accept membership payments via credit cards, cash, direct debit, wire transfer, or online form.
- Promotions and marketing. This allows you to award benefits, gift cards, and discounts to members through loyalty programs. You can also send social media notifications, automated emails, and text messages to all members regarding offers and promos they can avail.
- Reporting. You can generate useful reports on member details, monthly sales, inventory, business trends, financial figures, or performance analysis to give you a view of all aspects of your operation.
- Member access. Club management software can connect with specialized devices and gadgets, or even with member’s smartphone to enable biometric or barcode scanning for their check-ins and check-outs.
- Member forums. Your club members can use online communities or groups to have discussions and share files with other users.
What is the Cost of Club Management Software?
As mentioned earlier, club management software is scalable and can be used as a personal tool by professional trainers and coaches for individualized service, or by gyms and wellness centres that offer full-range fitness and health services. Since features can be scaled to user or business requirements, so too with the cost of club management software.
Current online club management software costs are relatively affordable with prices ranging from double-digit to lower end triple-digit figures for monthly subscriptions. You can get features for essential, personalized coaching to more advanced features for full-fledged fitness clubs. Study the offerings by vendors as most likely some plans can suitably match your requirements.
My recommendation which software to use and information on how to use this software
I have experimented with some of the club management platforms, and I recommend to use TidyHQ for a start.
You can find the video interview with the programmer working on creating the Meeting feature ( creating the minutes, taking and sharing it with members) for Tidyhq club management system. She tells us how important to have the minutes and tasks that were decided can be shared with the membership, so everyone is on the same page and knows what is going on and feel part of the process and club life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2F4essqbg
You can see the demo website and log in to find out how the back end works.
You can watch the videos on the TidyHQ YouTube channel Contacts, finances, meetings how to set up the various management items like events calendar, tasks, meetings, finances, shop, membership registration and more. Easy to follow instructions and TidyHQ is a great tool to help members to make the most of their membership fees.